Mission Statement Pre K-8 School District
The Rumson School District ignites the potential of its learners by growing, inspiring, and cultivating personal excellence academically, socially, and emotionally.
ALL VIRTUAL BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Tuesday, October 6th - 6:30 - 8:30 pm
See the Back to School Night Information in the Virtual Backpack
Please click the link below regarding important opening day information:
PLEASE REFER TO THE 6 DAY ROTATION CALENDAR LINK BELOW:
NEW STUDENTS CLICK BELOW:
4TH GRADE STUDENTS CLICK BELOW:
In the event that you are experiencing technology difficulties at home, please contact us for support.
The link has been published in the "Student Technology Assistance" document posted on the district website under the Virtual Learning tab.
For the MOST important New Year news in one place, click here!
***Please check the virtual backpack every Tuesday to see any important weekly notices from the PTO, REF and other local organizations.
ALL VISITORS TO SCHOOL MUST BRING THEIR
DRIVER'S LICENSE TO ENTER THE BUILDING
News & Announcements
Mrs. Jennifer Gibbons, Principal
Admin. Asst: Mrs.Tricia Zifchak
Admin. Asst: Mrs. Marissa Divers
Check here for more information or to find copies of misplaced papers.
Important Safety Reminders:
- Students are reminded to cross intersections only where a Crossing Guard is present.
- Students riding bikes or skateboards to school MUST wear helmets. Bikes must be placed at a bike rack and locked while school is in session. Bikes and skateboards may not be driven on campus; students MUST walk these on campus.
- Prior to entering the building, you must ring the door buzzer and state your name and purpose for visiting. You MUST report to the Main Office to sign in immediately, which includes dropping off items.
- Please pull up and drop off at the Gym Door, not the Main Entrance door. This allows for more cars to pull into the loop and drop off.
- Do not drop students off in the street or in the Forrest Avenue staff parking lot. Please us caution when dropping of at the Blackpoint curb, and be sure students exit curbside.
- Dogs are not permitted on school property for safety and medical reasons. Please do not bring dogs to arrival or dismissal.
- Please refrain from bringing in birthday treats during lunches, as we need your assistance in keeping the Cafeteria safe and orderly.
- Students may ride only their assigned bus. This means students may not ride a friend's bus home. Bus seats are limited and we are responsible to account for everyone.
- Please check the virtual backpack on Tuesdays for up to date fliers and notices, froms from the school, parent organiztions, and the local community.
- Students are not permitted in the building before 8:25 am, unless meeting with a teacher or using the library for study hall. Teachers are not required to be on duty until 8:25 am, and students may not be in the building without supervision. Please make every effort to drop off students as close to 8:30 am as possible.
- Students are NOT permitted to utilize aeresol deodorants, perfumes, or other sprays (such as Axe) in the school building for safety reasons. This includes bathrooms and the locker rooms.